Tuesday, 27 November 2018

Tuesday, 27 November 2018

The Sister missionaries in the Visitor Centre (English spelling of Center) used our flat to do laundry and study and drink hot chocolate! They were having water problems and couldn't do laundry or shower.

We worked in the office doing the usual things.  Part of the day was working on Christmas mail.  I put a large name tag on each package and keep a log of who is getting packages and who is not!  Kind of like Santa does. There has to be a better way.  I keep thinking of the Christmas Packages we sent to Mark and Marjorie and Emily on their mission.  We didn't mail many packages to them but I did write faithfully every week.  I would spend over 2 hours on the computer typing a letter.  Writing does not come easy to me and I struggled to make the letters informative and with a spiritual message or scripture. 

Sister Ernstrom and I love working together.  We kind of feed off each other at times.  We got an email about a FHE for the senior couples and we need to bring a potluck item and white elephant gift.  Sister Ernstrom wanted to know how much to spend.  I said that our white elephant gifts were something we have around the house.  She made the comment that she didn't have anything.  I perked up and said, "Sister Ernstom, you have Elder Ernstrom".  She looked at me seriously and said, "Are you calling Elder Ernstom a white elephant? I'm going to tell him."  My expression on my face cracked her up and we started to laugh.  We were laughing so hard that we couldn't answer the phone when it started to ring. Elder Wallace had to tell us to be quiet which made us laugh much harder and finally settled down.  Sister Ernstrom and I felt like we just had our workout laughing.  We have done that several times.

The plan was to go home, have dinner and drive to IKEA.  It was dark and raining and Elder Wallace refused to go out which I concurred.  It is hard driving at night if you have never been to a place before.  We opted to watch a Christmas Hallmark movie and we both slept through it.  We finally woke up and prepared for bed and fell asleep.

I remember my family laughing over a prayer I said once at the table.  I asked the Lord to bless those that repaired the food.  Another one of those slips I make every now and then.

Comments

Post a Comment