Monday-Tuesday, 24-25 September 2018

Monday, 24 September 2018

Spent the day working part of the day in the office and the other shopping at Costco.  The Dransfields went with us and after loading the van with our groceries we went back to Costco for a late lunch.  I split a a chicken sandwich with Sister Dransfield.  It was so tasty.  We got home at 4 pm to have a Staff Mtg with President and Sister Checketts.  We finished at 5:30 pm and the Ernstroms and we took the underground to Oxford Circus to see 'The King and I'. We were celebrating Sister Ernstom's birthday.  We were able to find Five Guys and have a bit to eat before play. The play was brilliant!  Wonderful! The cast had come from Broadway to perform for four months.  It was the last week of the play.   


Tuesday, 25 September 2018

Zone Conference!!! It is so much work.  I am in charge!!! buy, prepare, serve, clean-up is my job.  We feed 91 missionaries pizza, green salad, apples and oranges called peelers, Costco cookies.  We did a different setup and it worked so good.  We arrived at the office at 7 am to make sure things were ready to go.  I was prepared and felt the tender mercies as the dinner was over.  We have decided to cut down on the number of cookies that we buy and tell the missionaries only three slices of pizza and two cookies.  We were all surprised when there was so many left over pizza.  We invited all the missionaries to come for seconds and thirds after we realized that our calculations were off.  Sister Ernstom had figured 8 pieces in a pizza instead of 10 pieces.  Several missionaries ate a whole pizza.  We finally arrived home after 7 pm and had eggs and toast for dinner.  We hurried and cleaned up and took a bus to Foubert's a restaurant to host senior couple for a dinner on the 16th of October.   AFterwards we walked to Whole Foods to find poppy seeds and red wine vinegar.  It was our first time to Whole Foods.  It was a huge grocery store, food court, and restaurant.  They had everything except poppy seeds. 

I have to mention Sister Ernstom is an amazing individual.  She has worked for 23 years to the USU president.  She has been helping me get organized so that I can remember to do all I need to do. She spent part of last Saturday teaching me about how to organize my work.  I am getting a handle on things and not feeling so overwhelmed with the work.  I will be eternally grateful.

Comments

  1. Sister Ernstrom must be an answer to your prayers! Send her to our house when they get off their mission!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment