Wednesday, 28 March 2018

Wednesday, 28 March 2018

I spent the day in the office catching up on all the paperwork that goes along with opening and closing flats besides rents. It was a fairly slow day at the office and a great time to get work done.  Elder Wallace and Elder Parker went to a flat in Croydon and delivered two mattresses and got rid of two mattresses and a little bit of rubbish. Since Costco was so close, they stopped and had a hot dog and drink.  I did not realise that the car keys were left and I finally went home for lunch at 2:00 pm.  I first went to Haskins Nursery and bought orchid food and a contianer of Dutch Liquorice.  I was so excited for a taste of home and got something totally different with the black liquorice.  (sounds like a drink)

Slow day at the office and a slow kickback day at home.  I made a white sauce for the precooked chicken and I served it over rice and string beans.  I made the sauce with almond milk and corn flour. (corn starch is the same as corn flour in England.) A tasty dinner.  We called Dan and Julia and told them that Clair was in the hospital and told them about our Grand Tour with the YSA.  I tried to call Marjorie, Susan, and Dad and Lynne with no answer.  Susan did text me back that she could talk.  I called her on FaceTime and had a wonderful visit and found out that Clair has an infection from diverticulitis.  My sympathy and prayers for him. Been there-done that! Dan did call back with reports on Clair.  Dan was able to talk to him.  He will stay three days in the hospital.   I had been mixing up a batch of cookies when I stopped for phone calls and decided the cookies could wait until tomorrow.  Getting late. 

Comments