Tuesday, 27 March 2018

Tuesday, 27 March 2018

Elder Wall & Elder Wallace at
Heathrow Airport
The alarm rang at 6 am.  I could of used another hour of sleep.  Daylight Savings Time is hard at first.  I really wish they would just leave it alone.  Did you know that Daylight Savings Time started in April 30 1916 during World War I to conserve energy.  We were out to door by 7:30 am to pick up Elder Wall and take him to Heathrow Airport. We knew it was going to be a wet day as we heard rain hitting the windows of the flat.  We drove to Crawley and picked up Elder Wall at 8 am and set out for Heathrow.  He seemed a bit nervous and couldn't eat.  Elder Wall is from Wales and has 11 siblings.  We learned a lot about this humble young man.  When missionaries go home by themselves we like to make sure they don't have any complications so we stay with them until they pass security.  Elder Wall got off without a hitch.  He took one last look at me and I almost cried.  I felt I was sending one of my children off far far away.  I said a little prayer and waved good bye.  I even smiled to encourage him. 

Elder & Sister Madden with Elder Wallace
On the way home, we stopped to visit the Maddens in Staines.  It is about 10 minutes from the Heathrow.  We went into Stains to Kungfu Oriental Buffet.  Sister Madden insisted on buying our lunch.  I told her we would out again next week for lunch. (lol)  They have become very good friends and their fun to be with.  The food was delicious and I ate sushi.  Said our thanks and good byes to the Maddens.  While on our way back to the office Sister Gorgas called and asked if we were coming in today.  We had lots of phone calls.  Elder Wallace loves to tease Sister Gorgas and calls Elder Wallace his "cheeky monkey".    We worked in the office until 5:30 pm.  We were not hungry for much since we had a large lunch.  We shared an apple and a few potato chips - the English called crisps.  We decided to go some temple work since the London Temple opened today.  We saw and hugged so many of our temple friends.  It was good to see them again.

Elder Madden showed us a scouting badge
from Brownsea Island where the Baden Powell started the first
scouting program  I took the picture of the badge
to send to the Shaws.  

Elder Parker is celebrating passing his
driving test and getting a UK drivers
licence.  Sister Gorgas is actually eating
a donut!  We have learned so much about
England from Sister Gorgas.  She is a gem!

Comments