Tuesday, 23 January 2018

Tuesday, 23 January 2018

I woke with not being able to hear out of my left ear.  The treatment isn't working for it.  Sister Janet Harkness took me over to her flat and put ear drops in my ear.  It did help some but not enough.  She suggested that I go to an audiologist to have my ears cleaned.  Her sister was an audiologist and she worked for her and knew what to do for ears.  Many people thought they needed hearing aids and got the wax removed and could hear better.  Sister Harkness looked up an audiologist in East Grinstead.  I called and got an appointment for Wednesday at 9 am. A tender mercy! Didn't have time to dwell on my ear with fixing rice and getting ready for MLC. 

Missionary Leadership (MLC) today in Staines.  We were happy that the traffic was light and took only 40 minutes to travel there.  Last time it took us over an 1 1/2 hours.  As we drove up the Maddens, senior couple in Staines were driving out.  Elder and Sister Madden are in charge of breakfast and lunch for MLC.  They came back and explained that Elder Madden had cut his finger and might need stitches.  Sister Madden explained all she was doing for lunch and we were in charge.  I had prepared rice for the lunch and brought  it in a special Styrofoam container that can keep food hot or cold for over 3 hours. Elder Wallace does car checks and fills the fluids in all the cars.  With Elder Madden gone I got to be his gopher. (Go for this and go for that!)  I helped check for dents, blinkers, back brakes, dirty cars, and wipers.  Elder Wallace did the rest.  We finished doing car checks with barely enough time to put the food out for the missionaries.  The Staines elders came for lunch and were a big help in setting food out and cleaning.  We couldn't have done it without them.  We feed them for their hard work!!!  The Maddens arrived back just as every was finished eating.  They didn't do stitches on him.  The steri-stripped and wrapped his finger.  Can't get it wet for a couple of weeks.  I told him that I had thread and a needle and could take care of him.  I can't believe he wouldn't let me try.  It was nice to have the Maddens back.  We followed the Maddens back to their place as we were driving the van with dressers, carpets and other goodies for the flats in the Staine Zone.  After saying good-bye we took off for Costco.  We had a list of things to get for Sister Harkness and a few things for us.  We arrived back at the office at 6 pm.  Traffic was terrible, wasn't good and took us much longer to go home. 

So glad to be home.  I have the sewing machine, material, mat, and sewing stuff all over the table.  I didn't want to clean it up until I finished the other plastic silverware holder.  I sewed and cleaned up my mess and put the puzzle away.  Nice to have the house back in order.

 In the morning we listened to two talks by President Nelson in October 2015 to the women called "A Plea My Sisters" and in  October 2016 to the men called "The Price of Priesthood Power".  Very impressive and made me think about the use of my time.  I need to do better. (Another reason for taking down the puzzle.)
Shopping at Costco
Plastic Silverware Holder for Zone Conferences

Puzzle that was given to us for Christmas.
Wasn't worth finishing.  All the black pieces look
alike and I don't have the time to finish. 

Comments

Post a Comment