Thursday-Friday, 4-5 January 2018

Thursday, 4 January 2018

Still sick!  Hard to write blog when you don't feel good! Stayed home while Elder Wallace worked.  Yesterday was such a blur I can't remember much.  Cleaned a little, read a lesson for Institute, worked on a puzzle, slept and went for short walk because I was going crazy looking at the four walls of the flat.  Nothing tastes good, nothing sounds good yet I need something!  I did go the office for a few minutes then came right back home. 


Friday, 5 January 2018

Chills, sweats, cough, skin even hurts when touched, and body aches from all the coughing.  I texted Sister Gubler this morning and told her I needed a doctor.  She text me back to call the doctor now.  It was 7 am.  Dr. Sunil Mayor set me up for 9 am appointment and would work me in. Elder Wallace had the van full of furniture for a new flat.  He took me with himin  the van to the doctors.  We have faith in the GPS but it guided us to a street that you couldn't get access.  I called the doctors office and a sweet voice answered.  She gave us another postal code and instructions that took us to another entrance we couldn't get access.  I called her back and she stayed on the phone until we reached Dr. Sunil Mayor.  Dr. Mayor was so nice but seemed to be having what I had.  He was tall and somewhat robust and from the middle east.  He was a quiet man and listened then took my pulse, looked in my throat, listened to my longs and gave me an antibiotic, something for my ear and something to drink.  We drove back to the first entrance to meet the Maddens.  They took me home while Clark ventured on by himself to Poole to help move a flat with Elder Germany.

Arriving at the office, Maddens went home while Sister Parker took over my care.  She drove me to Bookers, a local pharmacy in Lingfield and back home.  The pharmacy was a like going back in time.  It was a small pharmacy with four people working but reminded me what pharmacy would look like 40 years earlier. I gave them the prescriptions and the man said it would take 10-15 minutes.  Arrived home being very grateful to Clark, the Maddens and Sister Parker.  Then, Brother Bridgstock decided to build a few shelves in the bathroom.  Bless his heart!  Rest was a bit hard while he was coming in and out of the flat. 

Clark finally arrived home at 9 pm.  So glad to see him. 



Comments