Sunday, 28 January 2018

Sunday, 28 January 2018

Sacrament Prayers
We attended the East Grinstead Ward today.  We were able to hear the office elders speak in church.  It gave us new insight into their lives.  Elder Neunedorf and Elder Pendleton did a great job.  Elder Neunedorf talked about missionary work and Elder Pendleton talked about why he came on a mission.  We attended the YSA Sunday School class with only two young men.  Relief Society was on the sacrament and sacramental prayer.  The teacher wrote out the both prayers and the wording and what was different in each prayer she put in a blue or green box. Very interesting and very effective!  I even took a picture to remember it.

Elder Wallace went with David Bridgstock to give the sacrament to a home bound elderly couple.  I stayed home to get ready for our dinner guests, Elder and Sister Parker, Elder and Sister Wolsey and Elder and Sister McQuivey.  Sister Parker brought corn bread and Sister Wolsey brought dessert, meringue cookies with lemon curd, whipping cream, and raspberries.  Delightful!  We did an English dinner serving roast, gravy, potatoes, peas, and carrots.  I did serve grapes and fresh pineapple.  English people never serve fruit on the table with savoury (English spelling for Savory) food.  Everyone was so appreciative of the dinner.  I did think our dinner tasted better with the Kosher salt. Had a wonderful time getting to know the Wolsey's from Canada, and the McQuiveys from Washington DC.  All their family is in Utah but they love DC.  Parkers took the McQuiveys home but before they left Elder McQuivey gave me the biggest hug and thanked me for dinner.  The Wolseys wouldn't leave without helping with the dishes.  (I will invite them over again!) After our guests went home we went to Elder and Sister Seamans flat for a visit and gave them a salt & pepper shakers.  She kept hugging me she was so excited.  I do miss them and our schedules are so different from the temple.

Elder Wallace finished washing the few extra glasses we left on the table while I finished the blog.  Time for scripture studying and to bed. Good night!  Okay - I was doing the blog and thought Clark was doing dishes till I walked into the kitchen.  Nope!  Its okay - he is still my favourite and fun and fancy and forever love!!!



Comments

Post a Comment