17-19 October 2017

Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Marjorie and Tyler wanted to sleep till 7:30 am. this morning.  Wanted to catch up on some sleep.  The kids spent another day in London while we went to the office.  Elder Wallace and Elder Corbett went to Missionary Leadership Council (MLC) to check on cars.  Sister Corbett wasn't expecting me so I came home and baked banana bread, write on blog, and feeling sorry for myself  I needed a day to unwind and I did feel better.  I did get a nice walk around the temple grounds before coming home. 

We picked up Marjorie and Tyler after 10 pm and heard about their exciting day in London seeing the crown jewels, Tower of London and other sights of interest.  They brought us infused honey with berries.  Yummy!  We all had banana bread for a snack and off to bed. 

Wednesday, 18 October 2017

Marjorie and Tyler left for home today.  They were up early to pack and attend a session at the London Temple while we worked at the office.  Clark did not want to go to Heathrow Airport in London alone.  Elder Parker was going to go with him but there was to much going on at the office so I got to go.  Clark was a champ and made it to Heathrow without any problems.  Tyler was a big help and followed his GPS while we did ours.  I love technology that makes our lives so much easier.  It guided us safely back home where I prepared stew for Institute to be put in the InstaPot.  I found a delicious recipe on line and our students ate all the stew and the bread.  I was so excited that they like it because they didn't eat the mac & cheese at all last week. I am learning to cook with crock pot recipes. I was so tired at institute but felt better after eating stew and banquettes. 

I must say that  my heart was homesick after saying good bye to Marjorie and Tyler.  I don't cry much but the mission has made me appreciate home and family more than ever. I am reminded of Elder Bednar's talk where he said "a mission is not about us so get over it and get busy".  Well, maybe not that way but it was the same sentiments. 

Sister Bridstock came to visit us and took her blanket, sheet, blowup bed and pump.  I am so grateful to her for loaning those things to us.  I keep mistaking her name as Bridgstone.  Clark gets a bit upset with me.  Not sure why I do it. 

Thursday, 19 October 2017

Two sister missionaries are leaving Tuesday to go home.  The Visitors Center people invited us over for a brunch to wish them good bye.  I love Sister Little.  She is from Bakersfield, CA. She will be attending BYU.  We will see her when we get home.

It is official!  Clark and I are now officially the office couple over housing and cars.  Corbetts came in later in the day to do some more training and cleaning up of files.  I am a slow learner but getting to how to do things.  I am nervous but the Lord will help me with what I need.  I have been planning on rearrange our office space to make it more inviting.  Elder Dye and Elder Palmer would like to make some changes also.  I don't think anything has been done for years.  It is time for a remake.  And I am ready for the task.  Clark and I didn't get away from the office till 6 pm.  Mark called us at the office.  It was good to talk to him.  They are making plans to come see us and wanted some information.  Clark and I didn't get lunch.  Luckily Clark got a chocolate chip muffin from the brunch and shared it with me for a snack.  Thank you sweetheart for your kindness. 

HOME!!! Yes, our carriage house fills like home.  Scriptures and prayers and off to bed. 











Comments

  1. Looking forward to the time the office is YOURS! Hate to have you experience homesickness! What kinds of things did Marjorie bring you? Will Mark and Connie come without children? Are you interested in our daily doings? We always made reading the blogs of friends a part of our nightly routine. We can be found at: geneva.doylelife.com Good night. Roger and Edie said they had talked to you this morning. We were attending our MLS meetings in conjunction with the mission zone conference. Love, MK,DD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment