Saturday-Sunday, 6-7 January 2018

Saturday, 6 January 2018

I am feeling a bit better today.  I rested most of the day while doing laundry between resting.  Clark (okay - Elder Wallace will now be Clark.)  went to several flats and loaded up the van and took a trip to the rubbish. He also went grocery shopping and kept me company.  We did talk to Nanette and Emily a few minutes.  It is Connor's birthday and we tried to reach him - to busy having fun. We love Connor and can't beleive that he is 11 years old.  I love his smile and inquiring mind.  He is fun to talk to on FaceTime.   We also watched "Bridge of Spies" and feel asleep.  Clark said that I had seen it before but I could not remember it at all.

Sunday, 7 January 2018

We slept in today.  It was almost 8 am when we got up.  Clark got ready for church then it was my turn to get ready.  I was deciding if I should go to church or not, or just Sacrament Mtg or not, when Lesley came to visit.  She gave me permission to stay home.  I crawled back into bed and slept another 2 hours.  I read scriptures, listen to talks and enjoyed being in bed.  I got up to make Raspberry Waffle Dessert for the 'Break the Fast' with the temple missionaries.  I sent Clark off to have dinner and bring me something home.  He came home with the dessert pan cleaned and no food.  He said he was one of the last to going through the line and most of the food had been taken.  He said the dessert was one of the first to go.  I had soup!  Clark bought some home soup that is made fresh and kept in the cold-side of the grocery store.  The mushroom and wild rice with chicken soup was delicious.  I stayed in bed most of the day.  We also watched a BYU Channel on Moses in The Pearl of Great Price.  It gave more meaning to the sacrament and sacrifice.

We got a chance to visit with Marjorie, Nanette, Emily and even Mark for a few minutes.  Mark is having back problems and I am worried about him.  He is having an MRI on Tuesday.  Thank goodness.  We called the DuPaixs and talked about missions, saw their flat, and it was time to go to bed.  Felt bad that DuPaixs weren't able to see David Livingston.  The DuPaixs looked wonderful and were just about to eat their dinner.  I did read the Doyles blog which I thought I lost.  It was sweet to know that they missed hearing from me.  And YES I have been sick enough that I had no energy or desire to do anything.   I can see that the antibiotic is starting to work.  I have to go to work in the morning even if for only a few hours.

Comments

  1. We are so glad that you are beginning to feel better. It's miserable to be sick and not be able to do the things you want/are supposed to do. Our weather is not bad, although cold in the morning--27 degrees when I woke up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also happy that you found our blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment