Monday, 29 January 2018

Monday, 29 January 2018

I finished the dishes from last night while Elder Wallace got ready for the day.  Elder Wallace fixed bacon, eggs and toast while I got ready for the day.  Life is good!!!  Life is great!!! Breakfast was delicious.  A big thank you from me and my tummy!

Arrived at the office at 8:15 am and spent most of the day working on flats and flat packets.  It was hard to get anything done with phone calls and questions from missionaries in the office.  Elder Wallace and I left the office about 2 pm and went home and got into our work clothes.  We drove to East Grinstead and finished cleaning two flats and packing and moving the leftover stuff.  We will need the van to finish with a few more things but basically all the flats in East Grinstead are clean and ready to give keys to the landlords!  YAY!  I think we should party.  We stopped at Sainbury and I hurried inside to buy a baguette for dinner tonight.

Sister Harkness and her friend, Donna from Washington DC came for dinner.  Donna was amazing.  She has nine children.  Her husband died when the youngest was 2 years old.  Sister Harkness was there to help her through it.  Donna went back to school and became a social worker and then went to law school.  She has since married a man with 4 children.  He is a lawyer that works for the government in the Bureau of Indian Affairs.  Her youngest child is living in Provo with her siblings and going on a mission to Finland in April. Donna helped Sister Harkness three years ago when her husband died.  We served a Cottage Pie made out of the leftover roast, gravy, peas, carrots, and potatoes from last night dinner.  I also served the leftover grapes and pineapple and served them an Apple Crumble Dessert with ice cream.  England has some great frozen foods.  I must say dinner was delicious.  We talked and laughed and visited for over two hours.  As our company left for home, we got in the car and drove to Parry Duplock and his wife's home.  We gave them a set of china dishes that one of the senior couples had left.  I had brought the dishes home and realised (realized is how I learned it.) that I would not be using the dishes and thought of the Duplocks.  I talked to them on Sunday and they would love them. They were very grateful for the china.  They are very simple living people and don't have a car or much money.  Parry works at the London Temple grounds and bikes to the temple and back every day. 

I am so grateful to be on a mission to England.  I have come to appreciate and love my family more (if that is possible)!  The Lord has blessed us with strength and health and a desire to serve and he has helped us in all of those areas beside blessing us with his spirit.  England is a choice place and we can see the work of the Lord and the gospel bless many lives. 


Comments

  1. We love how detailed your blogs are and the expressions of love that you frequently express for the Lord, His Church, your husband and family, and everything else, basically. You two are amazing and we love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment