Sunday, 29 October 2017

Sunday, 29 October 2017

Daylight Savings Time started today at 2 am.  Elder Wallace and I tried to sleep in a little later.   I want it to be light enough so I can walk in the mornings.  I miss the the workout.  The sun was shining again today.  Three days in a row.  What a special treat! We went to church in Espom Ward today.  We received a list of 48 names of Young Single Adults (YSA) that live in Epsom.  We don't have  any Epsom YSA coming to Institute.  We visited with Brother Smith, councilor in the Bishopric over the YSA.  We have come up with a few ideas to get the YSA out and involved more.  The concern of attending Institute is that the Epsom Ward is 35-45 minutes away depending on traffic and institute doesn't start until 7:45 pm.  Most of the YSA don't drive and taking trains take forever.  A new couple has been called to teach YSA and hoping they will do Home Evening for the them. 

While traveling home from church, Elder Wallace had an idea to call my brother and sister-in-law, Dan and Julia Skoubye in Frankfort, Germany.  They are over the YSA in Europe.  YEA!!! They answered their FaceTime.  We talked for a long time about the YSA.  We got to see their apartment and we showed them our flat.  I am a bit jealous of their tub. 

We had two set of sister missionaries and one set of elder missionaries come for Sunday dinner. The food wasn't terrific but they were very complimentary and ate the food.  I tried to cook chicken and mushroom gravy in the InstaPot. (tooo much pepper) It was okay but not great.  I did make delicious muffins and brownies.  The muffin recipe called for chocolate chips and nuts.  I put raisins instead but not enough.  The sister missionaries work in the Visitors Center and the Elders work in the mission office.  I appreciate the Elders help in the computer department.  They are helping me put a Flat Check paper on the internet so the couples can do it electronically.  While I was writing this blog I wished I had take a picture of us at dinner.  I will remember next time. 

I want you to know how much I love FaceTime and Hangout.  We get to see our family all the time.  We had a nice visit with Roman, Jeff, Nanette, Anne, Kate, Connor and Emily.  Morrison family had Primary Presentation today.  The grandchildren told us their parts on the program and sang a few songs.  Elder Wallace and I are going to work on our Institute lesson for Wednesday night.  I am excited to teach again.  I miss teaching the Gospel Doctrine classes.  I thought I would never say it but I do. 


Comments

  1. Bro. Dahl is doing a wonderful job in the Gospel Doctrine class. He is a natural.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment