Friday, 20 October 2017

Friday, 20 October 2017

Up and out the door at 8 am.  Elder Wallace and I took 2 mattresses over to 2 sister missionaries in Crawley.  2 Elders from the same complex met us and took the 2 mattresses to the 2 sister missionaries flat on the 2nd floor. (in USA it would be the 3rd floor.)  2 sisters delighted and 2 Elders got one (not 2) of the beds from the 2 sisters.  Well-it's a 2 morning.  Reads like a book for beginners.  LOL!

We received a defective monitor for the computer which is heaven sent or a tender mercy.  The right side of the screen appears pink but it still works and easier to read off of then the laptop.  Also, we got a newer microwave and designer rug for the living-room.  All finds from the clean out of missionary flats. We can't take much more or we will have to live outside.  Still waiting on the Purple beds. 

We returned to the Mission Office about 9 am where the 2 office sister missionaries took the van to Brighton to help the Corbetts pack.  (It is really a party for them to be together. Happy for them.)  This is the first full day at the office on our own.  It was quieter than normal and I was able to really settle down.  I still get prickling up my spine when the phone rings and I have to perform a task.  I had a sister call and started giving me names to write down.  Finally after two names I asked what she wanted.  She thought I was the Temple prayer roll.  She seemed frustrated not being able to contact the temple and getting a recording.  I took the names down and walked them over to the temple.  We are here to serve.  I started a file on opening a flat, my first.  I have been updating all the things we send out to senior couples like the flat check which was on two sheets of paper and I was able to reduced it to one sheet and the inventory list which hasn't been updated for years.  Elder Wallace has some files he wants me to update.  I didn't get enough time to finish all the projects.  Elder Wallace took the mail to the Visitor Center (VC) and brought back lunch, another tender mercy.  The VC was doing their last garden tour and they provide lunch if a tour has over 10 people. 

We left the office at 4 pm. We cooked up some fish and chips for dinner.  At 6 pm we went to 2 VC sisters flat and moved 2 bunk beds in their flat to the 2 bedrooms so they could have a living room and dining room.  They were so excited.  Sister Little is leaving on Tuesday.  We need to find them a couch, chairs, lamp and end table.  This is right up my alley.  I am so glad that I love to shop second hand stores.  We stopped at Sainsbury (proper spelling of store) to do our grocery shopping and came home to a group of people sitting around a campfire not far from our front door.  2 sets of missionaries were there with the Bridgstocks, Neals, Matt, and several other couples.  I felt bad that we might of interrupted because Elder Dye was talking some gospel principles.  The 2 sets of missionaries left because it was a little past 9 pm and they have to be in by 9:30 pm.  Off to bed and sweet dreams after the 2 of us took 2 ibuprofens 2 sleep.  Hope you enjoyed our 2 day!!!










Comments

Post a Comment