20 September 2017

Wednesday, 20 September 2017

Elder Wallace and I were up early and took a walk.  I brought my phone this time to take pictures. (below) It is so much fun to walk together.  When the sun comes up there is a mist that hoovers along the bottom of the trees and grass. 

The day was spent in preparation for feeding 78 missionaries.  26 new missionaries arrivals and transfers.  We served BBQ meatballs over rice with green salad, baguettes, and cookies.  The missionaries loved it.  We realize that we cooked way to much rice-better over than not enough.  The missionaries are so appreciative.  I realized I wore the wrong shoes for being on my feet all day.  We also saw Pulsiphers and received food and other things we can use for the apartment.  They have been so good to us.  I have not done shopping to see what Sister Pulsipher had for us.  We even got a waffle maker, blender, and lots of spices and gravy mixes.  Don't know how to thank them. 

I had Elder Wallace change a few things in the flat.  We moved a dresser into the bathroom area and we moved the kitchen table and hung the quilt I made on the wall.  It reminds me of home.  After wards, Elder Wallace went to Heathrow with Elder Packer to drive a missionary  to the airport returning home after serving a mission.  The Elder is returning to Africa.  While I had the house to myself I organized cupboards and shelves.  What an amazing feeling to have to set up house again.  It reminded me of when we were newly weds.  Just the two of us!!!  It took three hours for the trip to and return from Heathrow.  I was getting worried about how late it was getting but our husbands made it home.

Another good day on our mission.







The main house of the estate.   It was built in 1889.


The main gate to the estate.


We are on our way home from our walk.



Sunrise!!!


A walk down a country road in England!  How romantic!


This land use to be a working farm.



Cows love to wish us a good morning.

Comments