Sunday, 11 March 2018

Sunday, 11 March 2018

It is Mother's Day in England.  (Everyone calls their mothers Mum!) Clark opened the front door and found flowers and a card for me.  An angel had given me pink roses and carnations.  Flowers bring me JOY!!!  Also, we bought these daffodils from the grocery store on Friday and they bloomed today.  I made brownies this morning when I learned that Sister Harkness didn't want to come for dinner.  She likes her Sundays to be talking and visiting with family on FaceTime. She was suppose to bring a dessert.  I quickly made brownies and put them in cupcake tins with paper.  Well, found out the brownies stick to the cupcake paper after church.

Pink roses and carnations with a card
for a Happy Mother's Day!
The daffodils from Tesco bloomed today!
We attended the Epsom Ward today.  The Primary sang A Child's Prayer for the mothers.  One little girl that was about 6 years old carried the Primary.  She had a loud voice and a big mouth and she was singing her heart out.  It brought smiles to the whole congregation.  There were four speakers of different ages speak in Sacrament Meeting.  One Sister talked about being adopted and that her adopted mother was her mother.  Now that she has two children she wants to be the best mother possible.  She is the sweetest and kindest woman.  We had a great lesson in Sunday School on Marriage and families and in RS Sister Smith talked about 'Yearning for Home' by Elder Uchdorf in Oct Conference 2017.  It made me think of how I felt just after I arrived in England and yearned for home.  I didn't think it would be as hard as it was.  There was a sweet spirit as the sisters talked about home and what it meant to them.  One sister from the time she was 18 to 40 years old yearned for knowing who she was and what happens after death.  She went to different religions and never felt much. When she heard the gospel she knew she was home.   Another sister said that she heard the door bell and voices talking to her mother.  She felt an urge to run and meet them.  She ignored the feeling and it kept coming.  The missionaries stood at the door for over 30 minutes until she finally ran down to meet them. 

When we arrived home to two little girls brought me daffodils picked from the yard and wished me a Happy Mother's Day.  It was two of the Bridgstocks grandchildren.  I gave them a cupcake brownie.  A few minutes later they brought another child over for a brownie.  I could not refuse the request.

At 5 pm the Clark picked up the Davies and the Baums and the Lamoreauxs arrived for dinner.
Clark set the table.  He does a great job!
Sistere Lamoreaux brought a green salad and the Baums brought sour dough bread.  We baked our usual roast and served mashed potatoes, carrots and fruit bowl.  We had plenty of food and fun.  We served  hot Ambrosia (like a pudding) and ice cream over crumbly brownies.  Yummy!  They stayed until after 8 pm.  We told told stories and laughed.  One story remind someone of another story.  We learned about their families and kids and grand-kids.  Elder and Sister Lamoreaus  have 14 children (no sets of twins) and 71 grandchildren. They lived on a farm and had a cow, chickens, pigs etc to help feed the family. At one time they had 21 people living in the house that wasn't that big. The Baums have seven children and the Davis have six children and 21 grandchildren.  We love these wonderful and generous people. 

We were able to have a nice long visit with Dad, Lynne, and Dee on FaceTime.  Dad told me of the plans to put a metal door at the Sego Lily house for Paul.  I told him to take before and after pictures for me.  Tomorrow is my brother Paul's birthday.  He has been one of my heroes for many years.  He makes me laugh and I miss him.  I want to see the before and after pictures of the deck.

We had the Davis', Lamoreauxs' and Baums' come for
Sunday Dinner.  We celebrated England Mothers Day.


Learned how to work a selfie stick!

Comments