Tuesday, 13 February 2018

Tuesday, 13 February 2018

Rain rain go away - come again another day!!!  I cannot believe how much it rains in England.  I wish I could send some of it to Utah!

I got a haircut!!!  A haircut gives one a new lease on life.  Emma does a great job cutting and styling my hair.  I looked beautiful and that is a lot for me to say that. (wish I had taken a picture)  I got an appointment at 10:45 am. Emma gave me an umbrella when I left so the rain wouldn't ruin my hair.  I brought Elder Wallace and myself an apple for lunch.  Didn't think we would get time for lunch.  We did drive to East Grinstead to fill the gas tank and pick up two mattresses of elders.  Spent the rest of the day at the office and returned home to a dinner made by Sister Harkness - Enchilada Casserole and a wrap of some kind.  It was tasty and so appreciated.  Sister Harkness was in a cooking mood and I don't mind it at all.

One of the things we are doing is trying to train the missionaries how to clean their flats.  We have decided to have the missionaries do video training and do the teaching of cleaning on video.  We want them to make it fun and encourage them to do a better job and what our expectations are.  We have missionaries all over the world and it is hard to teach them all they need to do.  Each zone will get two areas of a flat to clean and make a video.  I took pictures of these cleaning agents they can use to clean the flats.

A tender mercy was Elder Wallace going to pickup two mattresses at Argos that I had ordered.  At the last minute I decided to go with him.  The rain was coming down hard and hubby said that he would go get the rolled mattresses.  He came back with one.  I knew that wasn't right so I went back in the store to figure out what was the problem.  I luckily decided to take my phone with me.  Argos had text me the order codes to get the mattresses.  The clerk and I worked out the problem and I was able to get the other mattress.  So glad that I was prompted to go with Clark.

We were able to attend the London Temple for a session and returned home.  The last session at the temple during the week is 7 pm.  It was nice to take a break from all the mission work and contemplate and feel peace.




Comments

  1. I snickered when I read "two mattresses of elders." It made me think of something like "two bags of potatoes." You take the mattresses home and out pop the elders! Elders all over the world seem unable to clean their apartments. It was a big problem for our friends who were over the apartments in our mission, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment